Status does not show up in the fields to bring in via the External System Import for issues. I can't map the status option that is in my import csv file to any option, because it isn't available. How do you bring in status?
You should be able to set Status on import. Do you definitely have permissions to Transition issues (i.e. change workflow status) on the project you are importing to?
Yes, I have permissions to transition issues. I have the Status column in my file, but can't map it to anything (see screenshot):
What happens if you type the word "Status" into that search box?
It says 'No Matches'
These options need to be better highlighted on the user guide for importing issues.
The first option is more in line with adding new issues to an existing project, but provides very little flexibility in what to add - which is what this article should highlight.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-issues-using-the-csv-importer/
And this page doesn't even mention the menu links for Admin > System > External import...
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/migrating-from-other-issue-trackers-884344525.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.