Hi everyone my name is Russell and am new to JIRA just like to introduce myself and let you know just a heads up i maybe asking lots of questions to help me get the best out of this solution for my team. Dose anyone have any top tips they will like to share?
Hello @[deleted]and welcome to the Atlassian community!
If you have questions about Jira, this is the place for you. There are tons of questions here and tons of those questions have been answered. The community is awesome because, most likely, other have had the same questions or scenarios as you have. I would suggest to search for you question first to see if a similar question has already been answered. If it hasn't, then go ahead and ask. I would make it a habit to just come to the community and read some of the threads. You'd be surprised to see how much you'll pick up just by reading threads.
This post here contains tons of tips from multiple users. Have fun! :-D
Welcome to the community @[deleted]- you've come to the right place.
I recommend checking out our Jira documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/ or you can also find server documentation here as well.
Cheers,
Alison
Hi @[deleted],
It's nice to meet you. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Everyone is very friendly here and happy to help! Also, don't forget to have a little fun while you're at it and take part is some of the Friday Fun threads while you're here!
-Jimmy
Welcome to the Atlassian Community @[deleted]!
@[deleted]Welcome, Russell! We're glad you're here. We actually have a collection called New to Jira, which would be a great place to start. Otherwise, I encourage you to read this post about participating in the online Community, as well as our "Three Things" series, where people share their best tips.
Hi @[deleted]
Best tip I can give you is 'don't be shy and ask questions ;-)'. I used to write all my questions down and ask them to people knowledgeable, or to the Community. The documentation is good and also there are good trainings in Atlassian University, you should check them out! There are also good books out there: 'Practical Jira Administration' by Matt Doar, helped me a lot to bring my JIRA knowledge to the next level. Have fun!
Carlos
What Edwin says is true, often times I'll ask a question or search for an answer here in the community and I'll find answers from years ago posted by my own team members.
When I'm training new Jira users at my company I use the term, "Closed mouths don't get fed" which implies, ask questions as much as you can!
"Practical Jira Administration" by @Matt Doar and @Mikey Schott is how I got my start in Jira administration. It is such a helpful book and I even got my copy signed by them .
Disclaimer: Mikey was my manager at the time, and Matt and I were on the same team.
@[deleted] welcome to the community!
Please checkout Atlassian University, and for any doubts don't hesitate to ask in this community!
Welcome to the community @[deleted]
Hello @[deleted]
Welcome to the Community!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.