Is it possible to do a mass update to multiple tickets via a CSV file?
For example, we would like to add the ‘analysis’ label to a number of existing tickets.
Yes, you can update existing issues via a csv import, see Importing data from CSV. Another option is to do a bulk edit by filtering out the issues you want to change, only caveat is that you are limited to 1000 issues when doing the bulk edit.
Hello @Mikael Sandberg ,
this is so great to know. I actually have some 100 tickets needing to update an empty field. is there a guide on how to update via bulk edit/update. What should be the content of my csv? I was actually looking for inline editing but guess the bulk update will work as well for the meantime.
Thanks so much in advance for the help.
Have a look at this KB, it shows you how the csv file should look like. Also note that in order to update existing issues you have to go to Settings > System > External System Import. You can get to the import if you are in the project and click on the three-dot menu, but that only allows for importing new issues.
Thanks for sharing the KB, Michael. Looks like I have limited permission in my JMS since I don't see System > External System Support on my end. I will inquire with my IT about this. Thanks again so much for the kind help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.