Hi,
I'm trying to use BigPicture for to plan at a high-level if the project is deliverable.
I have a bunch of Jira tickets raised, organised by Epics.
I was thinking to use Artificial Tasks, as well as Fix Versions that I prefer, because they get synchronized on the Jira ticket itself.
Question 1 - Fix Version Synchronization:
I have the following Synchronisers on:
- Add / Update JIRA versions that are visible in Fix Version field of issues that fit to current filter resultsSynchronize JIRA components
- Add / Update JIRA components that are visible in Components field of issues that fit to current filter resultsSynchronize JIRA projects
- Add / Update JIRA projects that comes from your issues that fit to current filter results
The Automatic Task Structure is configured in the order of Project, Epic, Version, component, subtask.
The problem is that when I update the Version and add/remove items, 'Re-synch' option doesn't pick up the changes. Moreover, when i added more features into the Fix Version, the dates of the release got randomly reset.
Any advise here?
Question 2 - Task Start-End synchronisation
When i created Jira tasks, they had no estimate. I think start and end date were populated automatically. I've created dependencies between tasks, e.g. Task A depends on Task B etc. To be that means, that task A can't be started before Task B is complete. However i can't see how i can reasonably see that reflected on the gantt Chart. I would expect red arrows to be used, but instead the dependent becomes a child... that's not right.
More to that, if i amend the duration of the task in Gantt Chart by drag-and-dropping, it doesn't reflect in the Resources section of the screen which is still using the arbitrary start/end date of the original task. And the task start-end date don't get affected either.
Question 3 - work allocation
I have about 15 team members, all of them with some special powers, and i've used Teams to specify it. Some people have more than one power, so i can assign them 50/50 or similar.
I would like to allocate teams, and occasionally individuals, to calculate my real capacity. What is the easiest and simplest way to do this, with the combination of the above?