I want to be able to use this custom field to filter through issues with the Confluence Jira Issue macro by sprint goal. I know that this isn't available out of the box because the developers explicitly chose to separate the sprint goals field from it's issues completely ( https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-7308 - "[The sprint goal field] would be independent of the work being done on the Issues, and only linked to the Sprint as a whole."). I was wondering if there was a way I could set up a custom field for issues that automatically pulls from its sprint's sprint goal field.
I wonder, how different would this be from finding issues based on a particular sprint? After all a sprint goal maps one to one to a sprint
For future reference for anyone wanting to do the same... It's a very technical, code-heavy solution
You need Scriptrunner for this. With Scriptrunner, you can write two scripts that run on Issue creation/update and Sprint creation/update.
I recommend you use the Jira Software API and not the normal API because issues don't have their own sprint information in the normal api... https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/
Yeah. I'm hoping there's someway they could be related. Do you think it's possible to connect the two with the programming a Jira app? I tried looking at their tutorials and I think it's possible but I don't think their tutorials are going to get me anywhere close to being able to do that.
Well, potentially (potentially 😋) you could do this with ScriptRunner. On issue creation/update you could look into the sprint value and the make the appropriate requests to grab the Sprint goal and add it to the custom field
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Ah, and I would make the field hidden only. Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.