Hi,
We have a backlog of defects that are spread across different teams for the same project. I have to show the progress of this backlog to my executives. I want to do that with a burndown chart using a filter with data from past two quarters. This cannot be acheived using a sprint burndown as the sprint doesn't consist of the whole backlog. Below snapshot is an example of what I want to achieve. Please advise on how I can get this data. I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Hello @Siri Nama
My first option would be to create a new dashboard for this. You can create one similar to created/resolved based on a JQL filter that gives you the timeline for issues resolved over a period of time. It's not exactly what you are after though, it would be the reverse.
Hi @Fernando Bordallo
Thank you for your response. I do use create Vs Resolved charts but for a different requirement. That shows the difference in pace of creation and resolution. But doesn't solve my burn-down case here.
I wish there was a different solution. I tried an add-on called JavaScript Chart for Jira Cloud but it didn't show accurate data. It has a strange way of accepting JQL filter. It uses 'was' operator and doesn't accept '=' operator.
The JavaScript charts could indeed help you out here. It should however accept standard JQL 🤔What query are you testing to drive the chart?
My desired filter: project = XYZ AND issuetype = "Bug" AND resolution = Done
This throws the below error.
I read some FAQs on how to define query for this gadget and changed the query to this: project = XYZ AND issuetype = "Bug" AND resolution was Done
This gave a chart but the data was incorrect. Backlog count in January was 480 the chart shows 1134:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.