Using Jira cloud, but how do you create required fields that only affect 1 project and not all of the projects in our group?
@Dylan_E_Adams
In next-gen project, the fields created are specific to that project.
So, I assume you want to make the fields as mandatory/required for a Classic project.
You can create a new field configuration and use it in your project so that it'll not affect other projects. You mark the fields as required in it.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-a-field-configuration-844500796.html
I typically prefer to make the field required associated with a specific transition, e.g. the Create. This is done by editing the workflow and adding a Validator to the transition(s) where you wish the have the field updated.
Awesome thanks!!
Now I just need to figure out how to trigger a screen with my mandatory fields lol
@Matthias , easy enough if you are using CMP...
now you can reference the screen in your workflow transitions
Awesome! have been trying to apply some mandatory fields to one particular project and was not able to. This is really helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.