I would like to be able to set a default epic for all of my new issues, or alternately be able to select an epic at the time of issue creation. I have read references to it being on the roadmap, but have been unable to find the current status.
It appears from the answer to another question I had that assigning epics with automation does not work for next-gen projects in jira cloud yet.
Hello @Teri ,
In next-gen Jira Software projects, your board comes with the following default status columns:
By default, the state after Epic creation is "To do“, and the value of this state depends on the name of the first column.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/get-started-with-next-gen-projects-945104903.html
Thank you for the answer, but I don't think that answers the question I was trying to ask.
I want every task I create in a next gen project to be associated with an epic at the time of creation. I don't see an ability to choose the epic when I create it, So I want to start out all tasks in one epic.
Figuring out how to get automation available seemed to happen by lucky accident. I tried the following, but it's not working yet.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.