I often ask others on my team questions in a ticket. Or ask them to provide files, etc. If this is in a ticket that's part of the active development project, these are easy to not forget.
But frequently I do this in tickets that are not yet part of the current project. What are different ways other folks accomplish the following:
- Make sure I cannot forget about those tickets until the questions are answered (or files provided, etc.)
- Have it show up for the user I'm asking the question of persistently. I envision some kind of list for this that each user can check. Where the user only sees things someone is waiting on him to respond to.
- I'd like to be able to put this on the list of multiple specific users sometimes. Not just a single user every time.
- User could claim (through a ticket status change or a field value change in the ticket) that he's provided all the data needed).
I thought of a custom field with values like "Waiting on Data", "Needs More Files", etc. Okay, that's probably as good as it gets for that. But how to present these to each user in a way that they'll actually use. Something natural. I'd love it if it was some kind of sidebar showing in every board. So the user would be checking boards already (as users would live in the board for the current project) but if things were waiting for him (in that project or not), those would show up on that board's page too. So it'd be frequently in a user's face — unforgettable.
Maybe I need a ticket status of "Data Needed"? But I don't want this to require someone to put the ticket into the current project just to get that data.
Does Jira have an elegant solution for this?
Using Jira Cloud, not self-hosted.
Thanks!