I don't think I have even been more annoyed with Atlassian because a fundamental capability seems no longer possible, That is copy and pasting content from an old editor page to a page created with the new editor.
I am simply trying to copy a Panel, which contains a section, with two columns, and a few pasted in icons. A nice looking page, created with care.
It should be a straight forward copy and past, from one page to another, like I've done in all the years I've worked with Confluence.
ATLASSIAN, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
Even more strange... pasting several times yields different results. The first few times, only plain text (missing panels, and notes macro, as well as icons).
A few more tries and then I got plain text plus icons (but all at their maximum size), and no formatting retained.
This is insanely unacceptable especially considering that the new editor is now the default!
Then it gets even worse...
- Attempting to just copy the text with the icons seems to randomly paste in the icons. But some are pasted as small, some blown up to what looks like 400%! Why?
- Clicking on the correct size icons (100%), blows them up to 400%! Why? I no longer see an option to select the pixel size! Why? All that I see are minimal formatting options but no size adjustment. Even this forum editor allows typical four-corner drag resizing!!

But the Learn the Basics explains that I can drag the handles! Sure, did anyone at Atlassian bother to beta test this? It doesn't work (to shrink) when the centered image is selected (like in my above capture). When the image is left-justified, I can shrink the image, BUT not to it's original 100% size! AND WHERE IS THE PRECISE PIXEL SIZING? You know, where I can enter a precise value?
I'm sure there are a 1000 other problems, but I'm exhausted.
Atlassian, you need to tell me how to bring back the old editor as the default, otherwise I am going to have 100+ employees experiencing a lot of pain!
How could anyone think that this broken ill conceived editor was an improvement?