I recently learned how to close out an issue using the Resolution option. But now when I create new issues, it makes me select a Resolution. I don't understand why because the issue has yet to be worked on let alone resolved. I wanted to use the resolution option for issues that were complete and mark them as done so they would move to the Resolved or Done issues part of Jira. But how do I change it so I don't have to add a resolution when I create an issue?
I have tried using the Configure Fields option on the top right hand corner when trying to create an issue. I tried all and custom. In the custom, I un-selected the Resolution option but when I would click on create, it would make me select a resolution. So for now I just select Software Failure until I can figure out how to fix or change it.