I have a Page Properties Report in my page and the pages contain a Status field. I'm trying to sort by that but it does not work
Here is my configuration
Hello @Micha Roon !
As I understand, you need to sort the order of items within your Page Properties Report macro based on the contents of the Status column.
The problem we are facing here is that we are trying to order a macro, which is not a “raw” value for the editor or the Page Properties Report Macro.
I tried to order the values based solely on the macro but was also unable to. My workaround was to add a value right beside the Status Macros of my pages with the Page Properties macros. Like this:
When I did that, all pages were ordered as expected. Here is how it looks like:
I hope this helps you out, Micha! Looking forward to your reply.
I also thought of this and it works, but it's a bit ugly. I guess this feature is missing.
hi @Diego I'd like to follow on to this, if I may. My team is similarly using macros and we'd like to sort too. We have tried to put in a leading number to get the sorting to work instead of a letter. I've tried a few different forms/formats for this to no avail.
Here's what I'm getting sorting on "Numerical" via the macro Sort settings - no idea what it's doing (sorting on the alpha num and priority fields yield similarly illogical results):The more annoying part is, somewhere in there, it knows how to sort this data by the status macro label value. If I manually click on any of the column headings for Alpha Num, Numerical, or Priority, data is ordered the way that I would expect:
How can I configure my Page Properties report Sort settings to achieve this? I've tried all manner of adding/excluding asc/desc to the Sort parameter, in conjunction (and not) with the "Reverse Sort" option - nothing works. Any ideas?
Hi @Kelly Pelkie
If you look back at the screenshots, you'll see the difference: your numbers are included into your statuses. But for his example Diego put also plain text before the Status macro.
Not "[1-High]", but "1[1-High]"
Hello @Micha Roon and @Kelly Pelkie ,
If you work with many statuses in the Page Properties Report macro, Handy Macros for Confluence can help you do it much faster. Handy Status can be changed in the page view mode and filtered with Table Filter and Charts later on.
One way of solving this, with vanilla Confluence cloud and no extra applications, and without "hacking" with adding numbers to help the sorting by having numbers in front of the status labels, or sorting numbers in a separate column:
This is an example of my status ordering table:
Hi @Torkil Johnsen ,
Thank you for the description of your workaround!
But please note that the Table Transformer macro you've kindly mentioned above belongs to the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app (the plugin is developed and supported by our company).
Not to confuse other Community members, the app is not installed by default and it is a paid one unless your Cloud instance is small (1-10 users).
Haha, I stand corrected, thanks
Hey Micha, I know this is from a while ago but just thought I’d add something in case others hit the same wall (like I did recently).
Sorting by the native Status macro in Page Properties Report doesn’t really work unfortunately—since the status is treated more like styled text than an actual sortable field. One workaround I’ve seen is using plain text values (like “1 - To Do”, “2 - In Progress”, etc.) if sorting is critical, but yeah... you lose the nice visual formatting that way.
We actually ran into this exact issue and ended up building Advanced Status Labels for Confluence. It lets you create dropdown-style status labels that behave more like structured data, and we’re working on tighter integration with things like sorting and filtering across pages. Still early days but it might be worth checking out if you’re looking for more control than the built-in macro allows. It’s free too.
Hope that helps someone digging through this thread!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.