I used the online Text Formatting help in JIRA to set an anchor in my text, using the format {anchor:MyAnchor}, but using that anchor doesn't work. I use the anchor address http://my-jira-host/browse/issue-number#MyAnchor (both through a link and a manually-entered address) and it will go to the top of the correct issue page, but the browser will not go to my anchor.
Apparently, anchors will not work if placed in a comment, because JIRA doesn't render all comments until they are expanded. If I navigate to the collapsed comments, expand them, then re-enter the anchor address in the address bar, the browser navigates to it successfully.
A link to that text won't work from another issue or even from the same issue page without manually expanding comments. The problem is that JIRA starts with the comments collapsed and is constantly collapsing the comments section, obviously making the anchor inaccessible for the browser to find.
How can I set an anchor in a JIRA comment that will actually go to the anchored text I link to?