I have users that want to get notifications of changed issues under the bell notification area on chrome (desktop).
When I look at the admin notification schemes, all I see are email notifications.
How can I control what sends alerts to the bell?
Hi @andy dingfelder
When you say "bell notifications" do you mean the bell icon in the left sidebar? All notifications such as mentions, updates on issues you are watching etc., will appear in this notifications list.
Hi @andy dingfelder, welcome to the Community!
If you go to your profile > Jira settings > Manage your account > Products > Click on your instance, you can change whether or not you're notified of your changes.
Yes that is the area I meant - is there an official name for that notification functionality (as opposed to email notifications)?
The user I am reporting this for said that they do not get sidebar/"bell" notifications in this area for added comments on issues they are watching, but they do get email notifications.
They do get other sorts of sidebar/bell notifications, just not for comments on watched issues
I assume you are referring to profile notification settings - and this is just how to configure what emails you get...
In this case, they are already getting emails for all events, its just sidebar/bell type notifications we are looking to configure
Hi @andy dingfelder, ah yes, you are correct - apologies, I mistakenly believed that option was referring to in-app notifications rather than emails. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to customize in-app notifications at this stage. We'll continue to take feedback onboard for potential future feature implementations.
I also would like this option.
I've missed important updates due to there being too many emails, so I turned it off.I'd like the bell to have counter on it, so I can see what is going on.
Hi - I would like to know if there is a possibility of customizing or tweaking the notifications under the bell icon on the top right too. Thank you. Yatish
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.