Hello,
I am running into difficulty getting a line chart that plots two series:
issues created since the startofyear (increasing over time)
issues created this year are closed or moved to a specific status (decreasing over time)
Creating a filter that returns a list of these tickets is simple. However, trying to get these to plot over time using the JavaScript Chart for JIRA Cloud gadget introduces complications to the JQL as it wants to insert "DURING" to most of the aspects of the query.
Basically, my filter is:
Project = X And created >= startofyear() - This would be the first series to track the total count of newly created tickets this year.
Project = X AND created >=startofyear() AND status CHANGED TO 'Done' - THis would be series 2 to track the closure of items created this year.
In the Javascript Chart using "TIme Series Field"= None (sum of existing issues) allows me to enter JQL. It is this JQL that is causing me grief. It will not allow me to use the "CreatedDate >= startofyear()" syntax in the JQL though this works as a normal search filter.
Any ideas? There must be a way without going to a 3rd party gadget
ADDITIONAL INFO
I can successfully get the number of issues created each day starting 1/1/2020 through current day by selecting the "Created" Time Series Field from the Datasets tab within the JavaScript Chart for JIRA configuration screens. However, when I switch the Time Series Field to "None (sum of existing issues) using the exact same query, I would expect to see a running sum starting with 1/1/2020 through the current day. But when I make that one switch, I then see issues displaying from prior to 1/1/2020. Here is the JQL I'm using:
Project in (LIST OF PROJECTS) AND status was in (New) after 2020-01-01 AND status was not in (New, "Dev Ready", "In Grooming", "On Hold", "In Development", Cancelled, "Dev Complete", "Ready for USGA Approval", Done) before 2020-01-01
I'm using this convoluted method of getting the date range I want because the JQL editor rejects the use of the createdDate field in combination with the "None" Time Series Field setting.