Hi all,
I tried to change issue resolution with automation for Jira following advices found in: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-questions/How-do-you-resolve-or-close-an-issue-in-a-next-gen-project/qaq-p/1050600However, using the workflow provide by @Sheila Hippert I get an error message, saying that field Resolution may not be on transition screen.
Any idea why this does not work for me ?
Unknown fields set during transition. Field may not be on transition screen. Fields ignored -Resolution (resolution)
Hello Kamal,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Thanks for linking the post. I checked her reply and created automation on my local site and it works.
First, I created a new column on my board called "Won't do" and added it before the last column:
Then, I created the automation:
When:
If:
Then:
After that, moving a card to the column, it adds the resolution.
Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Regards,Angélica
I was using issue fields condition instead of "if block", and for the then part, I was using "Transition issue to".Anyway I still have some strange behaviour after trying what you suggested. And I don't get why ...
I get for example the following error related to the "if" block:
Thanks for your help.
I managed to get away from the error I had yesterday, by restarting the rule from scratch instead of editing my previous one. However, I don't see the resolution being updated when moving issues to the "Won't do" column ...
Hi Kamal,
Thank you for sharing the screenshot.
On next-gen projects, there are three types of status: ToDo (Grey), In Progress (Blue) and Done (Green).
The first column will be ToDo, the last one will be Done that automatically adds a resolution and the other ones between those two will be In progress.
With that said, as per the screenshot, you are using the "Won't do" in the very last column that automatically adds the resolution.
The Green status also adds a resolution automatically by the system, that's why it's not working because the automation and the system are adding the resolution at the same time.
Please, move the "Won't do" to the In progress status and test again.
@Angélica Luz we implemented the rule for all the next gen project. It worked for few days, and now it stopped working.
It seems a bit erratic.
Any idea ?
Best.
Have you checked if it shows any information on the logs?
If you let it run for only one project, does it work?
It worked again on Friday, while I did not change anything. When it was not working, I did not see anything in the logs. It says the rules is ok. When it started to work again, I started to receive the emails when rule applies...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.