I know for Jira software you have to install and pay for add-on tools but looks like automations are free in Jira Service Desk, can anyone confirm that for me please?
Thanks,
John.
Hi @John Sayers
The built-in automation for Jira Service Desk is currently free.
Kind regardsJorden
Automation LITE for Jira, is a free add-on and imo is better than the automation built into Jira Service Desk.
-Mike
Thanks Jorden.
Thanks Mike, I'll definitely take a look.
I agree, but stay aware that there is a limit on the amount of rule executions with the free version though.
And that the plugin will become a built-in feature of Jira Cloud somewhere this year. I'm not sure if then will merge with the current automation in JSD or add to it. However, again, based on your cloud plan (free, standard or premium) the amount of rule executions will be limited.
Hi @Jorden Van Bogaert
Well, you are right! There is a 500 rule execution limit per month, but that is ample for what we use it for and it is a great tool to learn on and is by far 500 times better than the built-in Jira automation. I don't think the paid version is worth it at $2.50/user/month and I do hope at some point Jira gets this added... but the chances are slim to none because $2.50 is way better for Atlassian than FREE.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.