I had created a page template and had been using this for years. Unfortunately, when I create a new page using this template now, Confluence doesn't do anything. What happened?
Hi Jary,
Thank you for contacting us regarding this.
From my understanding, you're clicking the + menu in Confluence, which takes you to a pop-up screen where you choose your template. From here, you choose your template, and it sends you to a new page in the editor.
At which point does Confluence not do anything? Can you let me know where it goes wrong? If you include a screenshot or two of the issue, it will help.
Regards,
Shannon
Unfortunately, it does not send me to the page editor. See https://jary.tinytake.com/tt/NDA0NjAyNF8xMjQ0MTU4MQ
This is exactly the behavior I am describing when I mentioned the pop-up screen. From this screen, you choose the name of your template. You might need to scroll down a bit to find it. You can also promote your template so it appears higher up on the page. See Promote Your Templates in the Create Dialogue for more information on that.
If you don't see it on this page, you want to make sure that you created your template as a Global template, that it's active, and you didn't create it for the wrong space. If you have trouble with that, send me any screenshots showing your template on your site.
Thank you!
Hi Shannon,
You said: you're clicking the + menu in Confluence, which takes you to a pop-up screen where you choose your template. From here, you choose your template, and it sends you to a new page in the editor.
My reply which can be seen in the video https://jary.tinytake.com/tt/NDA0NjAyNF8xMjQ0MTU4MQ: Unfortunately, it does not send me to the page editor. To elaborate, after clicking my template, it just shows a preloader and then do nothing. I'm still on the page where I clicked +
That's the issue I'm having. I can easily see where my template is in the popup screen so no need to promote it, thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.