I am having an issue with Field Configurations and Field Configuration Schemes. I have three projects and two field configurations (let's call them Standard Field Configuration and Custom Field Configuration) and one field configuration schemes (Custom Scheme). Each project uses only 1 field configuration (as indicated on the Fields page).
Each project indicates the Field Configuration in use with a DEFAULT block following similar to this:
- Standard Field Configuration DEFAULT SHARED BY 2 PROJECTS pencil icon
- Custom Field Configuration DEFAULT pencil icon
This is consistent with my settings. Projects A and B share the Standard Field Configuration (as indicated on the Project Settings -> Fields page) and the System Default Field Configuration.
Project C uses the Custom Field Configuration and the Custom Field Configuration Scheme.
When I click on the edit pencil icon on the Fields page described above, I am taken to the ISSUES --> View Field Configuration page. These pages lists every field and any associated screen assignments. This works for both Field Configuration pages. The Issues page associated with Standard navigated to the View Field Configuration page that displays SHARED BY 2 PROJECTS and displays the following text:
The table below shows all fields configured in Jira and their properties for Standard Field Configuration.
The Issues page associated with Custom navigated to the View Field Configuration page that displays SHARED BY 1 PROJECT and displays the following text:
The table below shows all fields configured in Jira and their properties for Custom Field Configuration.
Now for the weird part: both View Field Configuration pages modify the same Field Configurations. If I modify a field and remove or add a screen, the change rolls through all three projects. For example, if I use the Screens link to remove the "Assignee" field from the Custom Field Configuration, it is removed from all three projects instead of Project C. I can also do the opposite and try adding the Assignee field back to the Standard Field Configuration and it adds it back to all three projects not just A and B.
Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?