The requirement is to have a status on board 'Approval' that only a selected group of people can use to sign off and move to Accepted status in the board. The project is in active status with an active workflow. I have been trying to follow the steps given in the following doc to get the desired solution:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/How-to-add-a-specific-list-of-approvers/ba-p/869692
However, in step guide point no.9 there is an option of configure (the status of approval to set the rule set). I do not get this option displayed in my workflow. I have tried multiple times already.
Looking forward for the solution.
Thanks
Hello Rohit,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
The option to add approvals is currently only available for Jira Service Desk.
Checking the products linked to your email, I see that your site has Jira Software, that's why the option to add approvals as mentioned in the article is not available on the workflow you are configuring.
There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of the ability to add Approvals on Software and Business projects:
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.
Regards,Angélica
Hi @Rohit Jain
As a alternate approach in software you can add a workflow condition to the Accepted transition.
This can check if the users is in a specific group, a role or a group custom field value.
The transition will be hidden from anyone who doesn't match the condition.
Best
Tom
ref
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver085/advanced-workflow-configuration-981155248.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.