Hi,
I'm very new to Jira onDemand, and am trying to follow the instrucitons found here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email
Here's what I'd like to achieve:
- New issue created, user receives email notification.
- User can then reply to that notification and have his/her reply apended to the issue.
- Users can send an email to a specified address and have an issue created
this looks like it should work, but I'm up against a few challenges. First, I work for a large, fairly bureaucratic company, so allowing a 3rd party access to a company Exchange server is off the board.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure where to start.
Right now, notification emails are coming from jira@acountname.atlassian.net
When I reply, the reply doesn't seem to go any where. Can I create a 3rd party mail hosting account for this email address? If so, how do I configure Jira onDemand to send through this new account/address? I can see where to go to configure a POP/IMAP server for incoming email, but the screen for outgoing email just gives me the option to enable or disable (under accont admin).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!