For an upcoming project, our client has decided that they will stand up a new cloud Jira instance to manage project issues. They currently have no Jira products at all; I doubt any of them currently have Atlassian accounts. They've asked us to stand up and configure the new instance on their behalf. FYI: I've never created a cloud instance from scratch, but have enough familiarity with the product and management / configuration that I feel comfortable doing this.
My question is: What's the best way to achieve this?
- Would it be best to set up the new instance using my Atlassian details, and then 'transfer' it to a nominated client user later on?
- I assume the setup process will email the initial 'user' whose Atlassian account is selected (so if I used a client Atlassian account from the beginning I wouldn't receive those [presumably necessary] emails).
- What is the Atlassian account (used to set up the new instance) actually used for by the set-up process; is it just to set the Technical / Billing contact, or maybe the initial site-admin?
- Is there anything else I need to be aware of when setting up an instance on behalf?
Another related question: Is there a list available of all the information is required when standing up a new cloud instance (e.g. credit card details, ...)? It would be great to request most (or all) information from them in one go in advance, rather than having to keep going back to them for info as I work through the setup screens.