Every half an hour or so I get the following error:
Google told me it's related to Atlassian.
I ran Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool as recommended by Windoze, but to no avail.
Anyone knows how to solve it - as it's a pain having to keep clicking OK to close it.
Thanks a lot.
Hi @Tomasz Kotula
I am unsure how a web product (Jira Cloud) can cause such an error in a desktop application (Askpass.exe).
Can you link that article from Google that says this error is related to Atlassian products?
Sorry my bad. It's caused by Sourcetree. I'm running V3.3.4 and as soon as I closed it the error stopped happening.
Oh okay, I am not much familiar with Sourcetree. Lets wait if someone else is aware of this issue.
i met the same error, who can help this? thanks!
It's still happening to me (only while Sourcetree is running). Can someone chime in?
It's also happening to me for a while now.
A colleague of mine is also suffering from this irritation. He's using version 3.3.7 of Sourcetree. The dialog pops up periodically whilst he is running Sourcetree. The issue suddenly started occurring last week.I am aware that you don't have much interest in Sourcetree Atlassian, but could you please investigate this?
It's happening to me too
I have the same problem for many weeks, dozens of times an hour.
Okay my issue has gone recently after > 6 months. This is my story:
- I copied and pasted a project from one of my teammates. That included .git folder, not just code files.
- I opened SourceTree and .. probably changed the credential somehow but I don't remember exactly.
- Then, this issue became consistent since then.
- I closed that project by clicking on the tab in SourceTree and Closed it. The issue was still there.
- 2 years ago, I deleted that project from the file system. The issue has gone.
I don't know for sure if this scenario caused the issue but this is what I experience.
still persists in version 3.3.8
I fixed the problem by re-checkout the git repo.
As for Michael_Jan_Gaabucayan, my colleague installed 3.3.8, and the issue has not occurred again since. This may or may not work for others having the same problem. It seems that Atlassian don't care about it otherwise they would be commenting here.
A few days ago I installed 3.3.8 but unfortunately the fault is still happening.
Atlassian can you respond please.
It started happening to me today out of nowhere. using 3.3.6. Says the is the latest version so not sure how some have 3.3.8
Almost 3 months have gone by and no official comment from Atlassian team...
I have the same issue happening over here and I have tons of repositories in my PC with no clue to which one may be the source if any.
It started happening to me yesterday, and continues even after uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling, restarting...
I don't know if this helps anyone but I was having the same problem. One of my remote repository's token had expired. Whenever SourceTree was trying to refresh the remote status that Askpass.exe exception would come up. When I found the culprit repo, I forced a connection (i.e. push or pull) which then prompted the Github login box where I entered my username and password which refreshed the remote's token. The dialog box was gone after that.
Never ending stupid message it just doesn't ffn stop
I have the same error and this is very anoying!
same error after trying (and failing) to replace the username/password with PAT (personal access tokens)
tried deleting the sourcetree password file - no joy
cannot get remote repos after entering the new PAT as the password - credentials fails and now the askpass.exe failure message pops up constantly.
SOLVED
choosing oauth option instead of basic takes you to a web page. enter your github password and click the authorise button.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Askpass-exe-application-error/qaq-p/1312523
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.