We have an Automation for JIRA rule that transitions Sub-tasks to Resolved when the parent issue is transitioned to Resolved. We want to also set the Resolution field on the Sub-task to match the value selected in the parent task.
The rule is:
When "Issue transitioned" TO Resolved
For Sub-tasks
If Status is not one of (Resolved, Closed)
Then Transition the issue to "Copy from Trigger Issues"
In the "Then" block I see I can choose other fields to set. I have tried selecting Resolution. I then have the option to set it to a specific value or "Copy From". When I choose "Copy From" I end up with "Copy Resolution from Current Issue". When that rule then runs, I get an error in the automation Audit Log thus:
Issue Condition: <checked green>
Transition issue: <checked green>
Edit issue:
Error editing issues
<IssueID> (Could not find valid 'id' or 'name' in resolution object. (resolution))
I am suspecting this is because the Resolution field is not on the Edit screens.
Is there a way to get the Sub-task Resolution field set to match the transitioning parent issue, without adding the Resolution field to the Edit screens?
(We are using JIRA Cloud)