I'm new to Service Desk and I'm setting up the fields for the Report a Bug screen. One of the most important things I need to ask my customers when they find a bug is "in what version of the software".
Obviously I can just add a blank text field that accepts anything, but I thought "Affects Version" field was exactly designed for that.
So I went ahead and added the Affects Version field to my screen, but the drop down list is empty.
I have another "Classic software" Jira project (it is in the same Category in the Jira Projects screen) that has several releases. I was expecting that list of versions to populate the dropdown list in the bug report, but that's not happening.
Am I misunderstanding the use of Affects Version field? If so, what's the intended use of that field? What's the best practice to let customers specify which version gets affected by the bug they are reporting?