Any time I go to a backlog view the remaining time is not showing on, I need to edit the remaining time of all my sprint issues in order to get the remaining time. Any idea why this is happening?
Hello @Viviana Palacios del Rio
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Could you please provide us with a screenshot displaying the exact place where you expect the Remaining time to be displayed?
In the small screenshot you provided, it seems you are talking about the sum of all the remaining estimate configured for your issues that are configured individually, however, I'm not sure about where it is displaying for you now or how you expect it to be displayed.
That being said, Can you please provide us with a screenshot displaying all your Jira page with the details of what is happening and how do you expect the field to be displayed on your site?
Feel free to provide all the details you can, so we can properly help you achieve your requirement.
Sure!
When just load the backlog screen I can't see the sum of sprint the remaining time
However if I "edit" the remaining time field of an issue that has sub-tasks the remaining time of the sprint appears.
But I don't understand what's going on.
Thank you for the details.
I understand that, when you open your backlog view, the remaining time estimate of your active Sprint is not displayed, however, if you edit the remaining estimate of any single issue that contains sub-tasks in the Sprint, the remaining estimate appears. Is that correct?
Please, check the following details:
1 - Are there any other issues on the board where you've logged work? The remaining estimate field will only be displayed in case it is different from the original estimate. Otherwise, it is not necessary to display the remaining time.
2 - Once you log time in any issue of the Sprint, refresh the page.
3 - check if you have properly added the time tracking field to the screens of the issues in your Sprint.
Let us know if this information helps.
Thanks for your answer Petter and indeed point #1 makes sense. However, that doesn't solve my problem because what I'm really looking for it is the Orginal Estimate Sum (including sub-tasks estimate) of a sprint but as I didn't find a way to view it I worked around with remaining time. Anyway, to get the total remaining time sum (including sub-tasks estimate) I need to edit each remaining estimate of parent issues, otherwise, I'm getting only the remaining time of the parent issues and not with the sub-tasks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.