I have the following object structure: Epics contain a few Stories. Each Story contains several Tasks. If I create a Kanban board and configure the board to use Epics as swimlanes, then all the Tasks show up in the "issues without Epics" swimlane.
The query is simple - just everything that's unresolved or resolved in the past 2 weeks:
project = XX AND (resolutiondate is EMPTY OR resolutiondate > -14d) ORDER BY Rank ASC
I have configured the board to use swimlanes by Epic but these swimlanes contain only the directly linked Story objects. The grandchildren (the Tasks in the Story) do not appear in the Epic swimlane. From a conceptual standpoint, they should.
Has anyone figured this out? Is this solvable by using the Links Hierarchy plugin? Seeing links is one thing but having the Kanban board reflect the indirect mapping from Task to its parent Story to its parent Epic is absolutely necessary.