I am trying to create a new workflow from scratch. Jira allows me to add a workflow from the markeplace or to add an existing workflow which I can add but this workflow is then write protected..why isn't it possible to copy an existing workflow or just create a new workflow with only the start node!? Am I missing something here?
Hi Andreas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I am a little confused by the question - part of it makes me thing you are trying to edit the Workflow Scheme and not the Workflow itself.
Can you maybe send a screenshot of what you are seeing?
Of course I can modify an existing workflow...but what when I want to have a dedicated workflow for a particular issue type?
You will most likely need to create a new Workflow Scheme and place the new Workflow in that Scheme. Then attach the new Workflow Scheme to the Project.
That's what I did. And I can only create three different workflows based on the system workflows. Assuming I have ten different issue type that would require individual workflows...how are you able to add additional custom workflows!?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.