If my Product team processes Epics through a Nextgen project, and after it is ready for development, I move it to a Classic project, will it be possible at all? Will the fields / subtasks / estimates be saved?
IMO, i would not do this as a normal process. Things are too different between the two templates. You can certainly move issues from a NG to Classic project but some things are not going to transfer cleanly. If my dev team was going to work in Classic I would certainly have the product team do the same. Sizing (story points and original estimates) should be done by the development team in their project (again IMO). With that said, what I would suggest if you plan to continue as you convey, is to simply try out a test issue and fully populate the desired fields and then move it and check it out.
Hi @Yuliia Zhyliaieva - You can use Epics with a Next-gen project if you like to get the Roadmap feature. But at that point, I would close out the Epic and create new issues in the Classic project.
As Jack said with his excellent comments, I would not do a Move from one to the next to continue the same work.
Also, if it's the roadmap feature you benefit most from, you might be interested in peaking into Jira Portfolio
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.