I am the site admin but unable to delete a backlog issue, any ideas?
The problem was resolved by upgrading the plan then adding myself to the project roles.
Hi @Darren Rockett
Can you confirm that you also have the delete issues project permission?
Hi Adrian, thanks for the prompt response. I can see there are slight differences in the schemes assigned to the various projects (not through my own doing). I am unable to edit the Delete Issues permission,
Project role
Administrators
atlassian-addons-project-access
ThanksDarren
Another way to check if you have permission to delete the issue
This might help you get to the permissions helper tool easier:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-admin-helper-938847791.html#JiraAdminHelper-PermissionHelper
Thanks @Fernando Bordallo
It does indeed tell me I don't have permission
@Adrian Stephen the button is disabled, apparently the Grant Permission option is not available on the free plan. I am assuming I will need to start paying to remove this?
Hi Darren - you might be better off just Discarding or Aborting the issue. It's a pretty good policy to delete very few things if any, even for duplicates or mistakes.
Hi John, the only option I have is delete, am I missing something?
You should add a new Status to your workflow for Discard (and maybe Aborted). See this blog for more information on how those can (should?) be used. :-)
https://blog.huge.io/kanbans-four-conclusions-5cfb1716fa39
Full disclosure, it was written by my boss. :-)
I must say I like the concepts presented. I might take some learnings to my team. Thanks for sharing @John Funk
🚀Thanks for the update!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.