Hi all,
Here is the use case.
Each software that is released to the customer will have the customer reported defects or bugs. (That is eminent and zero defect delivery is impossible).
My estimation method (unit) is "days" not "story points".
The company releases new version of the product every quarter.
So, once I close all the "bugs" in the 1Q20 release, the customers will start reporting new bugs on the newly release version. That means, "backlog of bugs" will never be zero.
Now there is a company that has 4 teams. One team is tasked with fixing the customer reported bugs (call them as fixer-team) and they use the kanban board. Other 3 teams are working on the fresh development (or enhancement). So other 3 teams are working on the story / epic. The first team is working on the issue type bugs. For sake of simplicity, let us assume that we put "default estimate as 1 day for each bug).
I have seen the documents and videos , those are available for the Portfolio. And nowhere there is mention about handling the bugs on the "Portfolio" ( Plan, schedule, scope, reports etc).
These are the links that I have tried: ( I have seen several other, but listing only few as below).
https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/software/get-started-with-portfolio-for-jira?_ga=2.201748369.1624200712.1578546594-2060746936.1576157715
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/portfolio-for-jira-home-715263250.html
Using PoJ, I wish to achieve the following.
Assume that , I have the huge product backlog , that will keep all my teams busy for next 6 months. ( Backlog - covers : bugs, stories and epics )
Create "One initiative" to cover the fresh development (or enhancement), and run 3 sprints in parallel using Scrum Board. Create "Second initiative" , with kanban board for "the fixer-team". Assume each of my team has 9 members. So my capacity is 36 person-weeks (for each week).
I wish to see the "plan" from the PoJ that should cover all my capacity (36 team members) and all my scope bugs, stories and epics
Using all these 3 issue types ( bugs, stories and epics), I want to see my road-map for next 1 quarter (3 months). For simplicity , assume that my backlog of defects is 100 count as on today , and few more are reported from different sources on daily basis.
Questions:
Q1. Whether PoJ has this kind of facility ?
Q2. If yes, is there any standard document / training / how to video ?
If there is no such facility, then how to handle this "bug fixes" kanban board and show them on the capacity planning for the PoJ.
The senior management want to see the single view from the only source of truth, for all the team and all the work happening under this program.
Regards,
Dipak