We can see Rich Text Editor for description field in edit issue option, but we are unable to see it while creating a new issue. Can we know is there any option to enable Rich Text Editor for description field while creating an issue?
Hi @Raju Kotha
Can you confirm that the Wiki Style Renderer is used for the description field? You can check this at the Field Configuration page.
Ensure you have the right renderer (Wiki Style Renderer) selected
In View Field Configuration page you should see:
if there is another renderer is selected you should edit it from "Renderers" link (at the right handside of the row)
Edit screen:
Hi @destan
Not sure if my issue is the same @Adrian Stephen had.
I have checked and I have the "Wiki Style Renderer" set for the Description field.
When I click "Create" button I do see options for text formatting but the interaction is far not the same as when I editing the same field after the issue is actually created.
Do you have any idea if this is possible to have the description filed on "Create issue" popup look the same?
Many thanks.
Hi Oleg, did you figure it out?
I have the same issue.
Nope, still the same.
Seems this is going to be solved here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71890
However, such updates go for toooooo long in Atlassian. Sadly...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.