Hi - I can't find any documentation on the Popular Labels Macro (Heatmap) that says how often it gets refreshed. Does anyone know?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/popular-labels-macro-724765267.html
Hi Laura!
Your previous response got me thinking, and I was able to reproduce a similar issue (yes, testing in Confluence cloud). I found that the popular labels macro shows the labels of pages that are in the space trash. For further details, you can see the bug ticket I created for our product team here: CONFCLOUD-69037 – Popular Labels and Labels List macros include labels for pages in space trash.
The good news is that these labels no longer showed up when they were purged from the space trash. Does purging the space trash resolve the issue for you? (Space settings > Content tools > Trash > Purge All).
I just did some testing, and the Popular Labels Macro heat map updates in real time. To test, I put up a heat map macro that shows labels for that space, then added and removed labels to other pages. Each time, the Popular Label Macro updated immediately after refreshing the page, including: adding labels, removing labels, making the labels smaller, making the labels bigger.
I hope this helps!– Zak
Thanks for testing Zak. So weird. We are not seeing that! We have a massive label for "Specifications" and when you click on that it shows no pages (because we changed them all to use the flag "Specification" (singular). Apparently I need to do some more trouble shooting. I wonder if its a label that a template is using....
Zak, are you on cloud?
oh my gosh! heading off to try that now...
wha wha whaaaaaaa. There was 100+ pages in the trash so I was hopeful.... but no difference. When you click on the label (it's the biggest one in my heat map) it tells you there are no pages with that label. so weird. I've checked that it is limited to just the space we wanted. I've checked the templates. I'm running out of ideas...
I've also added a new popular labels macro and get the same results. Also, confirmed it behaves the same way whether in list or heatmap style...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.