https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configuring-columns-938845277.html
This article was not helpful at all - It looks like I have standard workflow which is not to be modified. I want to add columns to a scrum board
Hi Jean - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Columns on a board are mapped to statuses in a workflow. To add a column to your board, you will need to add the corresponding status to the workflow associated with the project.
The article you have linked should contain everything you need. But note that columns on a board are different to workflow statuses. When you edit the board (under Board -> Configure) you can add/remove columns and map the workflow statuses to the columns.
If you want new workflow statuses adding as well as new columns, then how that is done depends on if you are using a 'Simplified Workflow'. If you are, then the states can be added from the board config. If not, you will need to request an Admin to update the workflow.
Thanks John and Pete, I see you both refer to Board->configure. Attached image shows I have clicked on the board. Where do I find configure. Sorry this is going to take baby steps
Click on the three dots in the top right corner - what is in that menu? If you don't see a configuration option then you are not a board admin.
As Pete said above - Click on the three dots in the top right corner. You should see Board settings there.
I'm having this issue too. I cannot find the configure option. I am the one that created my account and am the only user. So I don't understand how I couldn't be an admin.
Why are the answers to questions for this software always just so frustrating. Good lord, instead of saying "configure" (he already knows) get off your high horse, and just tell the guy where the "configure" is, because he obviously can't find it. I can't find it either. I see the dot menu. Configure isn't there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.