I have created custom field but no matter what i do it's not showing up while creating or editing task.
First go to the custom field page in the administration page, and check the context (In the screenshot included the context is global) and the screens you have attached for that custom field by clicking on screens option,
Now to confirm that you have field in that screen, you can go to the screens option in project settings page
This should enable you to have the custom field on your required screen,
and to view the field on view screen, you need to have the value in that field.
Could you expand on what you mean by "no matter what I do" and we might be able to help better. If you definitely created the custom field, you should look at the schemes in your project where this is manifesting itself. Look at the:
Hi @Smash I suggest you check my answer here to see all the possible things that could be causing this
I don't see Screen options in Project setting in Jira free. I only see Details, Access, Issue Type and Features under Project Settings. Here is what I did:
1) Created Custom Field that has Available Context(s) = Issue type(s):Global (all issues)
2) Screens =
3) in all three screen I see my field is shown in the list at the end. But when I open my existing task or create new task I don;t see the field. Someone asked me to do indexing but I dont see that option also in System settings advanced options.
I think its Next-gen Project, follow the below steps, go to Issue types in project settings
To create a field choose the issue type you want the custom field to be created in and see the available options in fields.
Hope this helps !
@Smash Did you add a custom field via the Jira administration panels or via the NG Project administration area? It sounds like you added it via the Jira administration panels. If you add the custom field via Jira Administration, it won't automatically appear in the NG project, those projects are administrated in a different way. To add a field for use in an NG project, add the field as the person above has indicated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.