Hi,
Something very strange happened, history of a ticket clearly shows a specific time when I changed assignee to myself, I never opened the ticket..
Do I have ways to investigate this? Can I know how it was done? from which machine etc.?
Another possibility ... though you say you didn't view the issue, perhaps you did (possibly accidentally) and accidentally pressed the keyboard shortcut ("i", I think) for "assign to me". I've done that a couple of times.
Hi Dani,
Perhaps there was auto-assign on a component.
A component default assignee will override the project's overall default assignee.
Organizing work with components
Another common reason is a workflow post function assigned the issue to you during a transition:
"Assign the issue to the current user. Please note that the issue will only be assigned to the current user if the current user has the 'Assignable User' permission."
Configuring Auto-Assign
Great idea, I checked.
I'd expect it would be with some changes made before or near that ticket history entry.
The previous change is 24+ hours before, and next change is 14 hours later..
Not transition or changes were made to the ticket around the time of this operation..
It could also be an automation rule that is set to run as your user.
Good point. Do I have a way to check those? to search and find such actions in automation such as "assign to user" ?
That depends on whether you have an automation addon and if so which one. For example for Automation for Jira - project settings > Project Automation and inspect your rules
That for sure can happen. Drives me nuts at times.
Wow, I didn't even know that exists!That might be possible, if I randomly opened an issue while in my flow...
Thanks!!
Couldn't find any automation or reason for this happening.
I guess this is the most useful and close to the root cause as I can get..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.