Our single scrum team has become too large and we are splitting into two development teams in the new year. We want the teams to manage their own backlogs but have visibility of issues from other teams and (if necessary) re-assign issues across teams so that they can be prioritised and taken into sprints. We have one backlog and I had looked into just creating a second project, but I read on the community that it would be better to:
1. Keep one backlog, but create multiple boards.
2. Have one board for each team.
2. Create custom filters so that each team can filter our organisation-wide backlog into issues assigned to this team.
I've tried a few things to do this but keep getting stuck. So far I've:
1. Created two boards (one for each team) and two user groups (again, one for each team)
2. Enabled the field 'team' in issue config.
However, in order to populate the team field I need to set up Jira Portfolio and create a portfolio plan. This seems like a big effort just to be able to create a field that filters for the groups I've already created.
Is there a better way of doing this?