there is a problem with delete issue through rest API. The response says "You do not have permission to delete issues in this project". How can I give permission for a delete ticket? Please send me an API for delete.
The account you are using to issue the "delete" command does not have the permission to delete issues in that project.
An administrator will need to log in and amend the permissions to allow them to do the deletion.
Hello,
Try this api, but i think that you need to be a jira administrator to do this.
Hope this helps
Hi,Thanks for the reply. But I have one question in my mind ie. it's my personal jira account that means I should be the jira administrator of this account. Then why I can't delete tickets. If there is a way to give the permission from my personal account to delete tickets then please refer docs, so I would delete those tickets.
Be the jira administrator doesn't mean that you have the right to delete the issue. You need to look at the permission scheme to see who have the delete permission (wich project role, user or groups)
this is the command for delete
curl --request DELETE --url 'https://*********.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/TP-108' --user 'amit.lodhi@******.com:*******'
this is the message shown-
{"errorMessages":["You do not have permission to delete issues in this project."],"errors":{}}
this is the permistion we gave for Delete Issues
Project role
- Administrator
-satlassian-addons-project-access
-Service Desk Team
Application access
- Any logged in user
Group
-Public
-anyone on the internet
-including logged in and anonymous users.
Current assignee
Project lead
Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.