Someone has mentioned me in a comment in a JIRA issue.
If I load the isssue from the Issues and filters:
https://<company>.atlassian.net/browse/ABC-123?focusedCommentId=13067&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel
... then instead of seeing my name, it just shows:[~accountid:5de4decccdc2d20d0537....]
But if I load the same issue with a direct link alone:
https://<company>.atlassian.net/browse/ABC-123
... then it eventually replaces that text with a hyperlink with my name:miro
Looks like a bug in JIRA?
Hello Miro,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, I would like to confirm in what "view" this is happening. On Jira Cloud, there is the old issue view and the new issue view and when using classic projects we can use both and also they have different editors which may cause this issue.
Can you please let us know if your username shows as [~accountid:5de4decccdc2d20d0537....] on the new or old issue view?
Regards,Angélica
New Jira issue view
If you are using a Classic project, please go to Project settings > Fields > and confirm if the renderer of the comment field is Wiki Style Renderer.
If possible, send us a screenshot of the comment where the mention was showing the ID instead of the full name.
Yes, I can confirm that the renderer is Wiki Style Renderer.
It does not render if there are the query string parameters in the URL.
The same issue page renders OK if I load the issue using a direct link and there are no query string parameters in the URL.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.