An employee set up a space, and it has useful stuff in it, but he was the only admin for the space. I administer the software for the company; is there anyway I can override the settings to add myself as a space admin?
You just need to go to the particular space (or the Admin section, and view all spaces). From there you can go into the settings and edit the Permissions.
Just add yourself (or an admin group), and tick "Select All" for the space permissions so that all permissions are ticked. More here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html
When I go into that space, I do not see the Permissions tab. That's the problem.
Ok, to recover permissions, go to the Confluence Admin section and choose Space Permissions.
Then find the relevant space and select "Recover Permissions". That should restore your space admin rights.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.