We have regional account managers who want to get alerted when their customers raise critical tickets via our Jira Service Desk.
We can definitely create new region specific request types and use automation to send alerts using the request type in the automation rules. I have done a proof of concept and it works, but for a larger scale roll-out it would require us to change customer documentation, behaviour and so forth which we would prefer not to do.
I am trying to figure out the best way to get the same outcome without having to set up region specific request types.
I have been playing around with using project roles but have not had any luck. Create a new project role for each region and then assign the customer to both the default service desk customer role and the role for their region.
Then set up an automation along the lines of
- When This happens: Issue Created
- Issue Matches: Creator in projectsWhereUserHasRole("Asia Pacific")
- Priority: Critical
- Alert : @ Name of Asia Pacific Area Manager
But it fails at the projectsWhereUserHasRole line. Not sure if this is not supported in automation, I am doing it wrong, or for that matter if there is a better solution out there that I have not thought of.
Any Advice or alternative approaches that might be worth exploring