We have a small Confluence Cloud instance with about 15 users and 10 or so Spaces. We use Confluence and Jira cloud. We need to invite external 3rd party users into our Confluence Cloud instance, giving them view/edit rights on one Space only. I only want them to see this space.
I created a 'external-user' group and invited a test user, but this allowed a view of the other spaces (as they are mostly allowed for 'confluence-users' group). I removed that group from the user, and then they could not access confluence. When I enabled confluence access in user management - it placed them back in the confluence-users group. So they could now access confluence, but also see Spaces I didn't want them too.
All of our Spaces us the default 'confluence-users' group for access, and it seems when I add a new user - they are automatically added to this group on cloud.
On cloud - is there an easy way to invite "external 3rd party' users to our confluence cloud instance, and know they can only access one dedicated Space (via an 'external-user' group)? It seems as our existing Permissions/group structure is basic - and just uses 'confluence-users' group - that all new users get added to this group, which gives them access to spaces I don't want to give them access to?
Or do I need to go through my existing Spaces, great a new default group (say, 'authorised-internal-user') and remove the 'confluence-user' group from all my other spaces?