I have a project that is mostly using default software permissions. I want to allow contractors to only view some issues. I created a security scheme and level with our contractor project role in it. I associated the security scheme and level to the project in question. I changed the issue security level to the one I created above; however, the contractor still can't see the issue.
So what am I doing wrong here? Do I have to change some other permission to allow the contractor to view the issue? Specifically, I'm wondering, do I have to give the contractor group permission to browse projects? When I test this, the contractor group can see all issues. I think this is because none of the issues were previously secured. Do I have to bulk update issues in the project to the stricter security scheme, i.e., does the default security level only apply to new issues?
And if I do have to bulk change issues, the limit is 1K, and I have >6K issues. Is there an easier way to change all of them vs. doing 1K at a time?