All,
I don't want to be incendiary, but we've been considering leaving Jira for another tool. I'd like not to, and worry that the issue lies with my understanding rather than with any fault of the platform.
We're a service firm. We work in, estimate in, and bill in hours.
Using the Next Gen project style in Jira, I can't find Original Estimates or Remaining Estimate fields... and we depend on them constantly. In the current version of Jira, it's our habit to see both original estimate and remaining estimate on each card on a kanban, to update both attributes as we work on tasks (yes, at times, we modify both the original and/or remaining estimate), and we need to see remaining estimate burned down as we log work.
For us, these fields must be easy to find, easy to edit.
Do I understand rightly that the Next Gen screens don't support those features?
Or, alternatively, are these features planned for the future and I should exercise some patience?
I worry that we're no longer an ideal Atlassian customer -- because we work in this way. Should I infer that Atlassian isn't making such features a priority?
Thanks all in advance for your assistance.
-- Scott