Been searching around for a solid day and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Trying to run a python script to update a single custom field on JIRA Service Desk. I originally wrote a script that worked :
```
from jira import JIRA
def main():
options = {'server': 'https://xxx.atlassian.net'}
jira = JIRA(options, basic_auth=("jUSER", "API_Key"))
issue = jira.issue('GISSUE-123')
issue.update(fields={'customfield_10130': 'New Value'})
print (issue.fields.project.key)
print (issue.fields.issuetype.name)
print (issue.fields.reporter.displayName)
print (issue.fields.summary)
print (issue.fields.project.id)
print(issue.fields.customfield_10130)
if __name__== "__main__" :
main()
```
However I am unable to user the JIRA module in this environment for reasons. I can however use requests which led me to write:
```
import requests
from requests.auth import HTTPBasicAuth
import json
url = "https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/ISSUE-123"
auth = HTTPBasicAuth("USER", "KEY")
update = {'customfield_10130': 'New Value'}
headers = {"Accept": "application/json"}
x = requests.post(url, json=update, headers=headers, auth=auth)
```
BUt this doesn't seem to do anything. I'm probably configuring this wrong as I don't have much experience with the request module here.
Any help or advice would be great!