Is it possible to edit deferred issues in JIRA without re-opening? If not, what was the reason behind for such restriction?
I see that the Deferred workflow step is set to false which is preventing me from editing the issue.
I think you need to ask the admins who set up your workflow why they set the "do not edit" flag on the deferred status.
Is there a reason why deferred issues set to be non-editable?
Thanks. I talked to the admin and was able to make it editable now.
For anyone else that might come across this post, when issues in jira are suddenly not editable because they are in a specific status: this happens because the workflow that issue is using likely has a property to prevent users editing when in that status. More details in Workflow Properties.
This of course assumes that your account has permissions in the project to edit/change the issues when in other statuses.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.