Hi,
I want to migrate to classic because I'm deeply dissatisfied with the "next-gen" product. I don't think it's mature enough to be in the market and frankly if there were a convenient way to migrate away from Jira entirely I would do so. There are better tools available than "next-gen" that are cheaper and faster than Jira.
Anyway, notwithstanding the motivation to migrate to Classic I have a problem with how Atlassian will throw away my Epics:
On the Atlassian manual page at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects-957974933.html they note that:
Jira moves your epics across if you map them to an epic issue type in your new project. But, you'll lose the relationship between your epics and their child issues. The child issues themselves will sill exist, but the links between them won't.
This is a huge problem for me. Is there a way to work around this, or am I doomed to either staying stuck in "next gen" or migrating to a brand new platform?