Hi,
I would like to Upgrade Confluence 5.8.5 to 7.1.0
Can any one please let me know, if I can directly upgrade from 5.8.5 to 7.1.0 ?
Could you please suggests some best practices/Tips on this.
Thank you.
You can - but there has been a lot of additions and removals in between.
I suggest you jump from 5.8.5 to 6.6
And then from 6.6 to the Version 7.
Please take care of database and many other aspects - there are massive changes to DB compatibilities - setup , added bugs .
Read release and upgrade notes.
Pump up memories - take care of drivers - there are changes for Web Servers too , so you better read before you try anything.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-release-notes-327.html
6.6 is an Enterprise Release - there has been massive changes with this release. So kindly read this ;
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-6-upgrade-notes-940116155.html#Confluence6.6UpgradeNotes-upgradingfrom5UpgradingfromConfluence5.x?
Upgrading to 6.6 will basically get your grounds ready for Version 7 Series.
Thanks very much. I will follow as suggested.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.