Example: When an issue is moved to the 'backlog' status, I want to prevent the description field from being edited ever again, regardless of its new status, by a particular role (such as a client).
Hi Mercedes
You can use the jira.issue.editable flag to enable/disable editing of issues.
jira.issue.editable
You can refer to this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allow+editing+of+Closed+Issues as a guideline
Thanks
Hi Mercedes,
The Live Fields feature from JJupin plugin can disable a field(i.e. make it read-only). Check it out: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUP30/lfDisable , we have a couple of tutorials and recipes here too: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Tutorials . All of them are powered by our Simple Issue Language (SIL).
Best regards,
Silviu
JJupin is not available for JIRA Cloud!
Oh, I haven't noticed that. I'm sorry! However, I will keep the answer, maybe someone with a server instance may need it.
This appears to freeze the entire issue. I only want to lock one field (description). Is there a way to achieve this?
Thanks for taking time to comment
If you use Hashimis solution you could add to this Backlog status a transition called "Edit" which goes back to Backlog. Add a screen to this transition with all but description field. So for a user it looks like the Edit button has moved and the user won't be able to edit the description when he clicks the "Edit" transition.
That's a creative approach. Would they still be able to edit the description in the full issue view?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.