Goal
I want to be able to reference individual database records (a list of software components in my case) from the body of user stories that I am writing. Requirements:
- Each record would be stored centrally somewhere in its own database/reference table
- Each user story can reference any number of individual records in the body/description of the story
- Each record can be referenced multiple times in the one user story
- Each record can be referenced in any number of user stories
- The record reference is dynamic - i.e. if I change the "label/name" of the record, all user story references will be updated to reflect this
Additional information
Outside of work I use Coda.io for the above. (Coda contains both the user stories and the component table in the one application.)
I'm looking for a way to incorporate the Coda-type functionality in Jira (which is what we use at work). See this article for a description of how the Coda functionality works.